Question:
Did Ruby Tuesday really blow up the wrong restaurant?
HelloHello!
2008-08-05 13:14:11 UTC
Or was it a joke? I watched someone's version on youtube.com and the people all looked scared and shocked...???
Seventeen answers:
Kashif S
2008-08-07 00:18:05 UTC
haha no ok heres exactly what happened

This is just a big advertising campaign thats going to unfold (i actually think its pretty entertainin).

They found an old building that there were going to blow up, and there was a ruby tuesdays near it. So they named the restaurant, and "accidently" blew it up. (btw it wasnt even in mount holly OH). Then they made a fake website for cheekys bar and grill (the date made was jul 3rd 2008) Then if you go to the website, It says, the website is temporarily unavailable due to the aug 5th incident. If you witnessed the incedent email blah blah blah and if you email it then you get an autoreply that says, we usually reply within 48 hrs but due to the incident on aug 5 it may take longer. Then Ruby Tuesday made a bunch of Youtube accounts (they were made the day before) and put the videos on there.
radheshyam
2016-11-08 08:27:27 UTC
Ruby Tuesday Youtube
2008-08-07 02:04:50 UTC
They hoaxed blowing up a different building in order to trick/shock people, but they it was a planned practical joke which was made for the sake of viral video marketing.
2008-08-06 08:11:48 UTC
well ruby tuesday did truly blow up a reasturant, however i dont think it was an accident that they blew up the wrong one. it was part of their plan to say they used to look like all the others but from now on they wont. i tried to look up a phone number to that cheekys reasturant and coulnt find a listing for it, so it seems it had been out of business maybe or i just didnt look hard enough for the number, but yes they blew one up but it was planned to be the wrong one. in my opinion
robohalo22
2008-08-06 19:47:11 UTC
It was a Viral, Advertisement video. It is not real no one blows up small buildings like that with TnT they use a bulldozer. It is meant to advertise Ruby Tuesdays.
mcgahan
2016-10-17 09:14:10 UTC
it quite is by way of fact Ruby Tuesday were between the worst diners in informal eating class, so blowing up the final "previous form" ruby tuesday eating place is a think approximately their "that's a clean Tuesday" advert marketing campaign. whilst they blow it up, extra categorized classified ads are gonna seem telling us concerning the "new seem" and how it went from "previous to in demand"...
GD
2008-08-06 14:23:50 UTC
It is their latest advertising campaign. Nothing more. No such restaurant as cheeky's exists. Check out this website for a little more information:

http://www.seriouseats.com/required_eating/2008/08/lame-viral-marketing-campaign-courtesy-of-ruby-tuesdays.html
Pikestr
2008-08-05 14:54:53 UTC
It was a joke...just go to there website and you'll see. I thought it was pretty stupid though. They did it to say that they won't be mistaken for another casual dining restaurant again. A lot of hype for something so dumb I think.
2008-08-05 15:16:16 UTC
i think it was real. the reason it hasnt shown up in the news or newspapers is because it happened like 3 hours ago. at rubytuesday.com they have issued a formal apology to the other restaurant.
heaven25star
2008-08-05 13:23:37 UTC
If it hasn't been on the news (you could Google it or something)and it isn't in any newspapers, I'm guessing it's just a video someone made for YouTube.

I haven't heard anything about any restaurants getting blown up so I'm guessing it's just a video someone made.
2008-08-05 13:21:44 UTC
What exactly IS ruby tuesdays?
2008-08-06 19:44:26 UTC
yeah lmao, i wasn't sure if it was a joke or a for real apology

it's a joke apparently... but, it's pretty subtle
sonia l
2008-08-06 23:55:50 UTC
no it's fake. Though funny they actually have a website up and such www.cheekysbarandgrill.com
2008-08-05 17:04:37 UTC
its really true if you go to the ruby tuesday website they apologize and everything........that was hillarious!!!!!
2008-08-05 13:27:31 UTC
i think that it was fake why would they put the dynamite in the wrong building?
ala_beauty1
2008-08-06 09:14:31 UTC
They tried to "Punk Us", they are about to remodel.

so it was all a big hoax.
Nana N
2008-08-05 13:48:33 UTC
i think i was fake ...somebody made it up..