Question:
Dirty Restrooms in Restaurants.......what can we do..about it...?
qdrama1956
2008-05-02 16:09:50 UTC
I went to a restaurants and had to use the restroom...oh my Goodness...it was so dirty.........I had to walk out ot the place...I won't ever go there again...doesn't the city check up on places..? It was a Chinese place...
Fifteen answers:
Peaches69
2008-05-03 04:16:53 UTC
The board of health is probably there once a year. Always remember, if the bathrooms are dirty, then the kitchen is. Call the board of health, in your phone book. And call the restaurant to complain. I don't know how the Chinese people are. I work in a restaurant, and they are cleaned twice a day. And of course, us waitresses check too when we're in there. And guess who cleans the bathrooms? The dishwasher. Washing dishes and cleaning bathrooms, just doesn't seem right does it? But our dishwashers are clean people who do wash. Yes, we do watch them. They know.

It's amazing how people make a mess of the bathrooms too. One time a lady had diaerha, and she never told us. How she managed to make such a mess. I mean, if nothing else, have the courtesy to tell us before you leave FOR THE LAST TIME. I know there are physical problems of people, but still, they should still tell us.
baglady
2008-05-02 18:48:28 UTC
As disgusting as the place was, remember part of the problem is the amount of traffic through that restroom. The more people going there, the more sloppy they behave. I'd speak to the manager, owner, and then to the health department. If nobody does anything about it, how about every restaurant's nightmare? --The local investigative news team!
?
2016-12-17 00:23:29 UTC
It relies upon on which woman's room you're frequenting. I even have got here upon that for the time of maximum up scale places, the restrooms are immaculate. it is probable with the aid of fact administration guarantees there are time-honored, primary cleanings and monitoring for any themes. however, the final public, inspite of up scale or truck supply up restroom, does no longer handle public centers as they could their own. in the event that they do, i could balk to work out their bathing room at abode. Restrooms get grimy unquestionably whether all people isn't being complete slobs. upload to that particularly extra site visitors than what you're able to see at abode and restrooms gets distinctly grimy, distinctly immediately. it particularly is as much as the purchasers to be sure they do no longer seem to be leaving a large number and administration to be sure primary cleanings. If I see a restroom i does no longer use, i attempt to alert administration to the difficulty so it quite is rectified. yet, no count what you do, you will nevertheless locate some places that are previous unsanitary. i think of i could particularly pee interior the timber than use those.
Cage Tegan
2008-05-02 16:15:06 UTC
Health inspections, at least in Spokane, are scheduled. Between your annual or twice-annual inspections, there's no guarantee what you'll find lurking in those tiled rooms of horror.

I had to take a cousin into the bathroom. I was tempted to have him wait outside while I crafted a blow-torch to fully sanitize the latrine before letting him in.

The only tip I can give is keep a bottle of hand sanitizer on you. That stuff will save your life.
Rain
2014-11-25 23:45:46 UTC
You can do a lot, for example, do not visit any Chinese Restaurant, and when many people would do that, maybe the Chinese come to the idea to work more hygienic and learn to keep the kitchen, toilets etc cleaner.
Marty
2008-05-02 16:17:24 UTC
Yes, the city has mandates about restaurant cleanliness. You can call your local public department of health.

They set the mandates and can shut down establishments if the requirements are not met.
Stripe
2008-05-02 16:13:23 UTC
Some places aren't as stringent as others, may be the local health department is lazy too. They always say if the bathrooms are filthy you can bet the kitchen is too
☮MεlαniεƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ¸¸.•*´`☮♡☮♡☮☮♡☮
2008-05-02 17:44:56 UTC
Yes, Call your local health department and report it. They'll check it out and make them clean it up or shut them down! Have a few friends call and report the same too!
<('_')>
2008-05-02 16:19:41 UTC
You could file a complaint with the BBB. They take complaints very seriously and make sure that every complaint is looked into.
krazyladee
2008-05-02 16:12:47 UTC
Tell the manager and ask the health inspector to visit them.
2008-05-02 16:14:30 UTC
Complain to the manager, and mention that you won't be back.
Bettee62
2008-05-02 16:17:51 UTC
ASK TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER AND REPORT IT THE HEALTH DEPT. THE PEOPLE COOKING ARE USING THAT BATHROOM. YUK
Santos R
2008-05-02 16:13:11 UTC
Because other people used it. Some people don't have manners.
KB5
2008-05-03 10:37:09 UTC
Avoid them!
•Vanilla•WE LOVE YOU!!
2008-05-02 16:12:12 UTC
We sure can't clean it, I would tell them about it.